Step-by-step for housing theft deterrent systems:
- In this door that is in the basement and that communicates the garage with the house, we will place this portable, door-stop, battery-operated alarm.
- Once the alarm is turned on, we will place it behind the door by its opening side; So we will orient the wedge towards the door. When the wedge is opened and pressed, the siren will be triggered to alert those in the house.
- Another systems is to place a digital alarm on the front door of our house, which detects the opening of a door or window by means of a magnetic contact device programmed with a 4-digit code.
- To avoid damaging the wall or the door, we will use extra-strong double-sided adhesive tape to fix both the alarm and the magnetic sensors. We put the tape in the base of the pieces and, with a pair of scissors, we cut strips to measure.
- Afterwards, remove the protective plastic and attach the alarm module to the wall, flush the door jamb.
- Proceeding in the same way, we adhere the sensors next to the magnetic unit, in the frame and in the door.
- Now we can activate the alarm and, when the door is opened, it will lose the magnetic contact and emit the acoustic warning.